ubuntu bootsplash problem

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Wed Jan 25 21:35:18 UTC 2006

I had this problem too, but it sometimes happend and sometimes not. So
in my case it was ntpupdate which failed to synchrinize with a
timeserver, which is no wonder, because my PCMCIA wlan card starts up
later during the boot process.
And because ntpupdate caused some major crashes under hoary on my
powerbook i decided to remove it, its useless in the bootprocess in my
case anyway, without network connection and just slows down the boot
process and looks ugly.
So I can't say if its the problem in your case, but probably have a look
if and which service fails, or takes too long during the boot process
and probably you got the cause of your problem.

Hope this helps,

Rainer