Openoffice.org2 Templates

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 18:44:50 UTC 2006

On 25/01/06, Daniel L. Miller <dmiller at amfes.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Just subscribed, so if this was answered in an earlier thread, my
> apologies.  Didn't see anything obvious via Google.
>
> Had problems opening some documents under the version 1.9 provided by
> Breezy, so I just updated my machines to Dapper.  Version 2.0 is now
> opening my documents fine - which is cool!
>
> But now my templates are no longer available.  I verified that my
> template directory was set under Tools/Options/Paths just as before -
> but my templates are no longer visible in the organizer.
>
> I can still manually browse to the templates and create documents from
> them - but that's not the way it's supposed to work!

Just an idea: you might need to run the document convesion wizard on
your templates.  Since OOo2's default format is now OpenDocuments,
your older templates could just be hiding.

The wizard is in the file menu.

Don't forget to backup first, just in case :)

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com