[Dapper] Firefox mailto launchs full Thunderbird instance

Raymond Lillard ryl at plasmaequip.com
Wed Jan 25 00:25:28 UTC 2006

I'm new to Ubuntu.  In testing out Dapper Flight 3, I noticed
that right clicking on a web-page in Firefox and selecting
"Send Link" launches a new full instance of my mail-user-agent
and the compose window.  On every OS (distro) I have used this
only launches the Thunderbird compose window.

I looked at Ubuntu's bugzilla and found Bug #12097 which is
53 weeks old.  Does this mean this issue is never going to
be fixed?

I realize this is not a crippling defect, but it seems rather
simple to fix.  Fifty-three weeks seems like a very long time
for this.

Should I just fix this myself and forget about it?

Regards,
Ray