What to use for community event/calendar app ?

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 24 21:19:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:44:16 +0000
Darren Wyn Rees <darren at cymraeg.org> wrote:

> I am looking for an app that I could use for a community online
> event/diary board where different groups/individuals can pin
> their notices for all to share.
>
> I've looked at Webcalendar (http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php)
> but it has too many features, is not very user friendly.
>
> At the moment, I would be very interested in something that can
> send out notifications via EMAIL.

http://www.calendars.net/  looks pretty easy.

web site quote:
Calendars Net is a free interactive web calendar hosting service, where
you and anyone you choose can post events visible and printable by
whomever you choose, or everyone. You can post events that span more
than one day (with text flowing across days or even weeks) or that
recur every 1st or 4th Tuesday of each month, etc. You can copy the
calendar data to your own computer and edit your calendar offline.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
The less you know the more you believe.
	Bono