how to recover lost files

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Tue Jan 24 14:53:11 UTC 2006

neil woolford wrote:

>I can only agree with this.  It seems strange to me that one can't.
>I've installed the Disk Mounter applet on my top panel to get round
>this, but really do feel that the function should be available (probably
>by right-click) anywhere that the drive shows as an object and
>especially in the Places menu which appears to be meant for controlling
>such things and then doesn't.  Any suggestions as to where, presumably
>upstream in Gnome, such a thing should be lobbied for?
>
>Neil

I've wondered too why it's not there - seems absurd. Automounting but no
gui way to unmount. And now it's bitten me in the butt.

I've just checked Dapper updated to this moment - and right-clicking
under places gives a 'remove' option (and something else), which is of
course blanked out for the usb drive.

Duncan