Mysql install help

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah at easywebsite.se
Tue Jan 24 10:05:18 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 13:21 -0400, Derek Broughton wrote:
> <raspberry />  I've got no use for that brand of religion, but it
> clearly _isn't_ totally free.  It's "heavily encumbered", but worth
> every penny you pay for it!

I am not being religious, only practical. If you use proprietary
software your information get locked into their black box. You cannot:

a. change the software so that it suits your needs
b. see what it is doing to your data
c. know how they will develop the software in the future, if at all

The day Microsoft changes C#, mono dies. And so dies beagle, fstop, etc,
etc. How do you see your photos? How do you find stuff on your computer?
How do you access the data in your database when you no longer own your
database because they have moved to a subscription model?

Proprietary software is dangerous to your data. Always.

jeremiah