configuring nm applet

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 06:31:54 UTC 2006

I cannot get nm-applet to configure a WPA or WPA2 connection
to my Airport Extreme hub.  I am running the IPW2200 driver
and the Airport Extreme has the latest firmware installed.
I have no trouble connecting using WPA with OpenSUSE "Factory"
(the SUSE equivalent of FC5T2), so I know that current
NetworkManager code is capable of handling WPA.
Note that OpenSUSE has other problems.  Namely, they don't
have a keychain mechanism in place yet (I have to enter the
password by hand each time).

Regarding setting up the keychain manager so that it provides
the passwords to nm-applet without prompting me for the
keychain password, I haven't figured out how to get this
working yet.

        Miles