Forums Down?

Anders Karlsson trudheim at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:14:48 UTC 2006

On 1/22/06, Carroll Grigsby <cgrigs at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Old Rocker wrote:
> > I've been trying http://www.ubuntuforums.org for a couple of days and
> > Konqueror says it can't find it.
> >
> > Anyone know if the forums are down?
>
> So it would seem. When this subject first came up on Thursday on another
> thread, I gave it a try and it worked for me. However, this morning I
> get "connection refused". Perhaps they're doing some maintenance.

Hopefully they are making the link between the ML and the forum
one-way. It would seem that most of the posts originating on the forum
are very low quality and the few that are good is not worth hassle of
the bad. Perhaps the forum should highlight that the mailing list is
available and the preferred point of user to user support.

Regards,

--
Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com>