File transfer problems with gaim and amsn

George pinkisntwell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:00:08 UTC 2006

On 1/22/06, JuanMa <roadster3043 at coqui.net> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'm having trouble with gaim(all protocols) and amsn when it comes to
> transfering files.  I'm behind a NAT/Router/Firewall, I don't believe I
> have ubuntu's firewall enabled.
>
> What ports do I need to forward or what do I need to change to be able
> to tranfer files from gaim(all protocols) and amsn?
>
> Thank you.

Are you using 1.5? If you do, then ICQ's file transfers do not work
for sending (they work for receiving though). MSN's file transfers
work both ways. This is from experience as I'm a heavy user of gaim. I
don't have lots of experience with Yahoo, although I do remember that
receiving files works.

Please reply with your version number, which protocols you tested and
if you tried sending or receiving.