Which is better? OSX or Ubuntu?

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 17:41:54 UTC 2006

On 1/22/06, Richard Colbert Jr <richard at venuspcservice.com> wrote:
> I ran the Updater in OS9 and it told me my system was up to date. Where can
> I download the updates you told me about?

9.1 <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75103> 71 MB
9.2.1 <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120030> 82 MB
9.2.2 <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75186> 21.3 MB

9.1 is the most important update since it included a number of bug
fixes (vs. 9.0.3) and will take you from 9.0.3 to 9.1.

9.2.1 included some _minor_ bug fixes and included some bug fixes
which allowed Mac OS X to run Mac OS 9 in the "Classic" environment
(you can run OS 9 within OS X). 9.2.2 is only really a bug fix for the
Classic environment.

FYI There is a 12 MB 9.0.4 upgrade available to you at
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60791>, but, unless
you have a particular application that you _know_ will only work with
9.0.4 (unlikely) you should go straight to 9.1.

PS With OS 9.1 Apple introduced CD burning and iTunes (an early
version of iTunes... I suspect iTMS no longer accepts connections from
the earliest iTunes versions... though, I could be wrong).

Eric.