trojan problem

Old Rocker old.rocker at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 17:27:04 UTC 2006

On Sunday 22 Jan 2006 16:21, Tristan Wibberley wrote:

[snipped]
> This is a strange case, though, as I thought trinoo was a Windows
> trojan. It is possible it is running via wine, try uninstalling wine
> from your system (if you have it installed) that may help narrow down
> what you are looking for. If not, then trinoo may have been ported to
> Linux.

Trinoo was originally found on Solaris but shortly after that was found
infecting a RedHat box, so its definitely been out in the wild and
infecting Linux boxes.

To find out more about Trinoo, see

http://staff.washington.edu/dittrich/talks/cert/trinoo.html

and for an analysis of Trinoo and trinoo networks see

http://staff.washington.edu/dittrich/misc/trinoo.analysis

Neither chkrootkit or Rootkit Hunter identify trinoo in their scanning
lists although it has elements of a rootkit about it.
--

Old Rocker