Changing Program Output

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 01:08:25 UTC 2006

I'm running a ham radio logging program. This program has a bug.

If I tell this program to do a certain function, the bug becomes
apparent.

It's supposed to run a certain command with the -l (lowercase L) switch.
It does this well except it puts in a -| instead of a -l.

I tried putting the following in my .bashrc:

alias -|='-l'

...but this didn't help.

I can run the command in a terminal with the -l and it runs perfectly.

The developer had been notified, but until he can change is code (it's
in java which I'm completely numb in), I'm stuch with a partially
functioning program.

Is there anything I can do to make it work right until he gets it fixed?

David, N1ZHE

Registered Linux User #297958
http://carney1979.blogspot.com/