Urgent problem with ext3 filesystem!!!

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jan 20 15:57:36 UTC 2006

Clone them is generally the least destructive option.  That file may
already be beyond repair, but if you tell fsck to clone the blocks, it
will get the volume back to a usable state and you can see if that file
is damaged or not.

BTW, are you sure you are using ext3 and not ext2?  ext3 should never
require a fsck.  You weren't mounting it from windows or something were you?