Third ask: Breezy won't install

Julio Biason julio.biason at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:48:47 UTC 2006

On 20/01/06, Duncan Lithgow <duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk> wrote:
> When trying a new install on an old 450Mhz PII after install when I take
> out the disk and rebootit looks fine until 71% where it just stops
> responding on "configuring xserver-xorg". Just no response.
>
> I've seen this before and thought I'd try with acpi=off but that didnt
> help.
>
> Any ideas anyone?

Well, you can see the log messages (alt+f4) or the output of the
packages (alt+f3). Maybe some information is there. Unless you mean
"stop responding" as a complete system freeze.

You can also try to install into the "server" mode, which will not
install X. Later you could add the packages by hand using apt-get and
skip the auto-configuration of X.

--
Julio Biason <julio.biason at gmail.com>