Windows, Linux, The Debate: which is best?

Duncan Anderson duncangareth at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 08:02:32 UTC 2006

Michael T. Richter wrote:

>On Thu, 2006-19-01 at 15:41 +0200, Duncan Anderson wrote:
>

> <snip>
>
>>I'm sorry if I offended you by calling Windows crap.
>>

>You didn't offend me.  You just made me shake my head in sadness.  This
>is the part that makes me call you a brainwashed cultist:

>As soon as you talk like that, you're a fanatic.  The only difference
>between you and, say, a jihadist is one of scale and the absence of a
>suicide bomb.

Who needs suicide bombers when you're running Windows? It kills itself
without any intervention from "fanatics".

As far as being a fanatic goes, I don't think that I am. I certainly
don't think that UNIX/Linux is the greatest. In fact it's quite mediocre
as operating systems go. It's just that Windows is less than mediocre.

:-p
Duncan