Windows, Linux, The Debate: which is best?

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:09:15 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-19-01 at 23:12 -0500, Jonathan A. Watson wrote:
> I am new, could you tell me why windows lovers are here?!?!?!?!

Because certain fanatic elements -- shall we call them Linux jihadists?
-- can't accept that a) Linux does have some areas worse than Windows
(sound handling, for example), b) Windows isn't as bad as they say and
c) there's a difference between Microsoft's business practices and
Windows' technical competence.  Because of this they label anybody who
actually acknowledges these three points (and a few other related ones)
as "Windows lovers" and ignore inconvenient facts (like that this
"Windows lover" has 10GB of Windows and 230GB of Linux on his disks) and
bleat on and on about how bad Windows is and how Linux is teh gratestt
thhing evar!

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn