apt-get -f install problems

Darren Wyn Rees darren at cymraeg.org
Fri Jan 20 01:18:45 UTC 2006

I think I have created problems with my packaging system and I am stuck.

I am looking for help to unravel the problem.

I belive the problem was caused by my 'hand rolling' or manually
installing djbdns and qmail.

I would like to use the 'apt-get' system to install things.  I don't
require installation of postfix or python, as per below.

Help much appreciated !

----start quote
root at tun:/home/sysman# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
  postfix python
Suggested packages:
  postfix-mysql postfix-pgsql postfix-ldap postfix-pcre python-doc
python-profiler
Recommended packages:
  resolvconf
  postfix python
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 38 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/1039kB of archives.
After unpacking 2736kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
----end quote---

Darren

--