ubuntu

Sasha Tsykin stsykin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 12:26:55 UTC 2006

J.Markoll wrote:

> jens krautheim a écrit :
>
>> how can I carry the boot sequence from the floppy to the harddisc and
>> how can I make the printer run
>
> Hello,
> Welcome to Ubuntu. I can't answer directly but, one good way is to ask
> only one type question at same time, and solve things, one by one.
> That's the only way for efficiency.
> For the boot sequence, did you follow a document ? how did you proceed
> and at what stage of the the sequence are you reaching until the
> moment you don't know to go through ? did you mark down what you were
> doing and
> can you do a persise description ?
>
> For the printer, you'll have to browse Linuxprinting.org (check the
> way to write it, with or without a '-' inside... search motors are
> your friends).
> Greetings, Joyce Markoll.

Actually, my advice about the printer would be to go to System =>
Administration => Printing. Right click on New Printer and select Add.
If you are using a Local Printer, it should be autodetected. If using a
network printer you will have to type in the URL and maybe some other
details (depends on what sort of network). After that, click next and a
driver list should show up. In general, use first the driver which
matches your printer. If there isn't one, use the one the computer
recommends UNLESS you are using an HP printer in which case select HPLIP
instead of HP as the brand name and select your printer name from there.

Sasha