JFS access from Breezy

paul marwick paulm at waitrose.com
Thu Jan 19 09:44:01 UTC 2006

:) I seem to keep hitting these problems with filesystems...

I've just installed Breezy on my test machine. That machine has an
existing OS/2 installtion on it, and has one large JFS partition. The
installer found the partition and added it to fstab as /media/hda18,
which is automounted at boot. However, if I attempt to access it as a
normal user, I get permission denied. From Nautilus I get a box saying
it can't display the contents of the folder and from the command line I
get 'premission denied' when I try to cd to it.

This is the second time that I've been unable to access a partition
automatically set up by the installer. What changes do I need to make
to allow me to access the volume? I would also prefer to _not_ have it
automount, since I'm not sure of complete compatability between the
OS/2 and Linux version of JFS, so other than changing the fstab to
'noauto', what other changes would I need to make to allow me to both
mount and access it?

Thanks...

paul.

paulm at waitrose.com
Marwick Computer Services - Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, UK
OS/2, LAN and general Computer Consultants