Open Source CRM

Fathi Boudra fboudra at free.fr
Thu Jan 19 09:40:37 UTC 2006

> Pardon my noobieness, how do I upload the bin file into the server so I can
> use it? Ive never done this stuff before

not ubuntu related. upload the bin file into the server ? to you provider or
you want a local installation ?

take a look at :
http://vtiger.com/products/crm/help/vtiger_CRM_Installation_Guide_Linux.pdf

download the tar.gz package :
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/vtigercrm/vtiger_CRM_4_2_3.tar.gz?download

install the needed software, if you are in local :
apache2, mysql-server, php4, php4-gd, php4-mysql

uncompress the archive in /var/www

if you are in local, follow the guide :
you probably need to create the database `vtigercrm4_2`
and launch your favorite browser, continue the installation via install php
script.

for your provider, same things but you need to upload the uncompressed files
to your website via ftp, of course.

since it's not ubuntu related, if you need help to install it, please contact
vtigercrm forum.

cheers,

Fathi