Well, Windows is back on the disk.

Dana J. Laude kc9aae at bresnan.net
Thu Jan 19 08:16:43 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 23:54, Sasha Tsykin wrote:

> I'm not that much of a guru, any more than I am a troll. I
> gave upall those more challenging linux's because I didn't
> have the time to learn how to use them properly. I merely
> raised it to show that I do have experience with linux and am
> not a "microsoft troll," fool. But I don't really care if you
> call me that, and I'm not goign to respond to this thread
> anymore, because, frankly, it's getting boring, and I'm
> getting sick of repeating myself to those who won't listen to
> common sense.

First off, Windows has it's place and you should not back down
on you're opinion of that.  As an example, my Dad uses it and I'm
actually proud that he "get's it" as far as doing things with his
digital camera and such. (he's in his 70's btw)

> As for the advice thing, I offer advice when I can. If I
> can't, what's the point? Usually 5 or 6 e-mails a day from me
> with advice in them.

Granted, you're helping in some respects.. and don't let me
discorage that, but you need to not quote the entire message.
Just quote the respective part of the message, if possible. As
far as my previous message, HTML messages are NOT, repeat
NOT proper in a mailing list.

> Finally, you have onyl seen one of my opinions, that windows
> is competent, and I would challenge you to demonstrate that it
> is a negative one, so please to criticising me personally in
> place of reasoned argument, because all it displays is
> fanaticism and lack of thought.

I pulled a "pattern" off of you're email, based on you're
replies.  I don't have a "lack of thought nor fanaticism" and
I've been thoughtful in my reply, nor unnecessarily rude.

I also deem this thread as offtopic for this list, seriously,
since it is "Ubuntu Help and User Discussions" not the OS
debate list.

Regards,

Dana