Ubuntu/Kubuntu on Mac G5.

Brian Durant RoadTripDK at MyRealBox.Com
Tue Jan 17 15:13:27 UTC 2006

On 17. jan 2006, at 15.51, Eric Dunbar wrote:

> On 1/17/06, Brian Durant <globetrotterdk at mac.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for top posting, but I am using Mail.app in OS X, which
>> fulfills all of my needs except that I have to top post :-(
>
> Top post only? (I use Mail.app to bottom post regularly)
>
> Scroll text insertion doodad to bottom of message. Start typing.
>
> Get rid of HTML e-mail -- command-shift-T (Format - Make Plain Text).
>
> Eric.

Hi Eric,

OK, got it. Weird, This has come up a number of times on the OS X
newbies list and it has always been stated that it wasn't possible,
so since I am new to OS X, I just assumed they were correct 8-) It
does mean that when you do a spell check however, you are forced to
spell check everyone elses misspelled words as well.

Any way for me to set plain text just for mail to this list, or do I
have to do it manually everytime I post here? I use it often when
mailing news articles from web sites (command-I) to other lists. Is
rich text verbotten on this list or just frowned upon?

Cheers,

Brian

An OS 9 and Win 2 k refugee. Never found where I belonged after Jobs
nixed the clones. I still have a UMAX S900 (Euro) around here
somewhere :-)