Ubuntu/Kubuntu on Mac G5.

Brian Durant RoadTripDK at MyRealBox.Com
Tue Jan 17 10:31:55 UTC 2006

Sorry for top posting, but I am using Mail.app in OS X, which
fulfills all of my needs except that I have to top post :-(

I want to install Kubuntu Dapper Flight 3 on a second SATA internal
drive. In the system profile, my Macintosh HD shows up with "disk0s3"
as the BSD name, whereas the HD I want to install on has the BSD name
of "disk1s3". Does the command for "sata/scsi: sudo mount -t hfsplus /
dev/sdaX /mount/point" still apply for Ubuntu/Kubuntu?

I tried the Ubuntu Dapper Flight 3 PPC live-CD, which is the newest
available, so the fan problem must still not have been addressed.

Cheers,

Brian