Well, Windows is back on the disk.

Billy Verreynne (JW) VerreyB at telkom.co.za
Thu Jan 19 05:47:37 UTC 2006

Sasha Tsykin wrote:

>>Do you believe that a free market, world wide, would permit MS or
any
>>other company to enjoy a multi-billion USD monthly sales volume
without
>>it providing products that people desire to have?
>

>Thankyou for somebody finally stating what should have been
blindingly
>bvious. I would suggest that those who claim that MS Windows has no
>positive points should deeply think on the previous statement before
going
>into another rant.

It is not that simple. And is why Microsoft has landed numerous time
in court because of their business and marketing practices.

Yes, Windows does deliver. (have a look at the top500 super computer
clusters for those who doubt)

However.. the method in which Microsoft achieved their complete
dominance in the market is what rubs a lot of people (including me)
the wrong way.

But instead of taking in -Microsoft- they incorrectly attack the
operating system (which do have it flaws like -any- other) and not the
"morality" (a loaded word in the business and capitalistic
sense) of how Microsoft does their business.

I get so sick and tired of the pettiness of some calling Windows
"Winblows" or "Windoze" or whatever. Windows itself -is- a capable
o/s. Fact. (and I have written a -lot- of code of the last 10+ years
for Windows, have seen and supported mission critical corporate
systems running on it, etc)

Also a fact that I personally prefer Linux for various technical
reasons over Windows as a server platform. But I do enjoy Windows as
an -excellent- games platform at home.

--
Billy

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the Telkom SA Limited
e-mail legal notice available at
http://www.telkom.co.za/TelkomEMailLegalNotice.PDF