[Dapper] FreeNX and network use

jean gruneberg kaosboss at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 11:28:10 UTC 2006

Hi all

Quick question / query?

Have set up FreeNX sever on my Dapper box in the office - use a WinXP
client to connect to it.  I see that once the connection is up and
running, there is a load of network traffic even when the client screen
is minimised and there is nothing running on the server side.  Is this
normal?  When i rdesktop from my Breezy laptop to the Win2K servers, if
i minimise the window the network traffic stops.

So the question is, is this normal for FreeNX or have I misconfigured
something?

Ta

Jean