firefox feature, or bug?

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Wed Jan 18 00:15:02 UTC 2006

Gary Hodges wrote:
> Since I've had Kubuntu 5.10 installed there has been an annoying
> behavior with firefox.  I'll do my best to explain...  Imagine a
> firefox window with several tabs open.  If I move the mouse over the
> tabs the small icons and/or the text part will upshift slightly.
> Moving the mouse off that location doesn't cause a downshift in
> position.  Moving back over immediately doesn't cause any shift, but
> if I wait a bit I can sometimes get the shift again.  I'm growing more
> used to this behavior, but I still find it annoying.  Kubuntu is the
> only OS I've noticed this with (others being WinXP, Win98, Debian and
> SuSE).

I get similar render erros and have done with firefox for a couple of
years. I get them in web pages, but I'm not sure what causes it. I find
a row of pixels missed out until I select some text on that line, or I
find a duplicated row of pixels. I also sometimes see hyperlinks moving
about as I mouse over them. I think this is a general GTK firefox bug.

--
Tristan Wibberley