How To Remove Brown Background on Gnome Startup?

Matt Egger matt.egger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:03:21 UTC 2006

This will change the background of the nautilus drawn root window.  The
brown will still briefly appear before it is covered up by nautilus during
login from gdm.

I think the OP is trying to get rid of the brown completely.  If anyone can
help with that, I'd appreciate the tip as well.  I'm thinking xsetroot in
come config file somewhere.  My X configuration used to be so hands
on...those skills have atrophied.