Windows, Linux, The Debate: which is best?

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Tue Jan 17 14:03:16 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I fail to understand why it really matters which operating system an
individual
uses, democracies allow freedom of choice. If it were not dear old Bill
Gates carrying off all the money,
it would be some-one else. The all mighty $$ rules for some.
Personally I choose Ubuntu over Windows, but for many people, most of
whom have systems that are grossly inflated for what they use them for,
Windows suits them.
The arguments for this, or that, strangely enough do not have a major
prize waiting at the end for either side,
unless Ubuntu Linux, or any other flavour are really into cash rewards.
People buy cars capable of 150 mph,
when most places have speed limits well below the car's capabilities,
crazy, but it's called freedom of choice.

I think it quite simply comes down to  - If you don't like Ubuntu, leave
it, If you don't like Windows leave it.
Choice is yours, it's great that so many people have given us the choice.
My thanks to the Ubuntu (and all linux) developers to allow me a better
insight into this incredible machine.

Take Care
Winton

We waste resources, water, timber, our atmosphere, why add bandwith to
the list?