Bogofilter training on KMail mailboxes?

paul cooke paul.cooke100 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 19:16:37 UTC 2006

On Sunday 15 January 2006 17:13, Rob Blomquist wrote:
> I am attempting to use bogofilter after a couple of years of running
> SpamAssassin.
>
> Under SA, it was easy to teach it about spam: every night I ran a cron job
> on my spamfolder, which has "maildir" style directories.
>
> according to what I have read on the bogofilter page, all I need to do is
> run "bogofilter -s ~/.Mail/SpamPile/cur/, and the filtering will be done.
>
> Last night, while in ~/.Mail/SpamPile/cur/ I tried to run bogofilter -s,
> and it hung all night.
>
> Today I tried while in ~ to run "bogofilter -s .Mail/SpamPile/cur/" and I
> got "Extra arguments given, first: .Mail/SpamPile/cur/. Aborting."
>
> It appears to want a command format I don't understand. Thoughts?

at least you're getting bogofilter to run,

all I get is

paulc at broken-drum:~$ bogofilter -B < /home/paulc/Mail/spamtrap/cur/
Can't open file 'wordlist.db' in directory '/home/paulc/.bogofilter'.
error #2 - No such file or directory.

so how do I create this wordlist.db? the faq on the homepage is seriously
geeky and unhelpful and so's the Man page