Search Motors collection

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Sat Jan 14 17:04:17 UTC 2006

Perhaps 'search engines' is a more commonly-used term (in English, at
least).  Here are a few old-timers which still exist:

http://www.lycos.com
http://www.altavista.com

This is a link to a bit of historical information on the subject:

http://www.webreference.com/authoring/search_history/

That brought back a few memories.  It has been a while since I last
used Archie!

Bob Nielsen