problems with installing wordpress 2.0

Ronny Haryanto ronnylist at haryan.to
Sat Jan 14 11:00:17 UTC 2006

On Saturday 14 January 2006 21:37, Benjamin Haubeck wrote:
> i have Ubuntu Hoary on my Home-Server and wanted to try WordPress 2.0.
> After installing PHP and MySQL and creating the Database for WordPress
> i get this error when i am switching with my browser in the
> wordpress-directory:
>
> Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL which is
> required for WordPress.
>
> ii  php4-mysql     4.3.10-10ubunt MySQL module for php4

Hi Ben,

If you create a php file containing only:

	<?php phpinfo(); ?>

and view it from a browser, you could see whether the php mysql extension is
loaded or not.

If it's not loaded, the only thing I can think of right now is to restart
apache, and try again. I'm using php5, and php-mysql support works out of the
box, so I don't know if it's any different with php4.

Hope that helps,

Ronny