w32codecs

J.Markoll j.markoll at free.fr
Sat Jan 14 02:36:29 UTC 2006

Kenneth P. Turvey a écrit :
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:07:41 +0000, Simon Taplin wrote:

>>>I'm running Ubuntu 5.10 AMD64. I have setup a dchroot and installed the
>>>32codecs and libdvdcss debs. How do I configure xine/mplayer/etc to use
>>>these codecs now?
> I've got these installed on my system, I used a package from somewhere I
> don't remember off the top of my head.  I don't think I ever set up a
> dchroot and I don't really no what one is (I do know what chroot is and
> does).  I have noticed that many windows media files do not decode at all
> on my system.  Is there something I'm missing?
What are the encoding formats ? I'm running Totem-xine as well as
Rhythmbox or Beep-media-player
all without difficulties. Did you notice files which are not musical
files among the others ? such as images, or text files ?
Or do you play CD's directly ? + do you have libdvdread3 installed ?
Greetings, Joyce Markoll.