Galeon Loading Error

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jan 13 16:26:46 UTC 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:55:06 -0600
robert <webguytx at gmail.com> wrote:

> List;
>
> I just install Galeon on Ubuntu 5.10 with Gnome Desktop 2.12.1. I get
> the following error.

Did you use Synaptic or apt-get or aptitude to install Galeon? If so,
either your sources list is broken, or it's a bug. The file it complains
about is supplied by a number of packages, including Firefox and Mozilla

> galeon: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkembedmoz.so: cannot
>
> What package do I need to install?

 $ dpkg -S libgtkembedmoz.so
nvu: /usr/lib/nvu-1.0/libgtkembedmoz.so
firefox: /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so
mozilla-browser: /usr/lib/mozilla/libgtkembedmoz.so

So on my system it appears that firefox, mozilla-browser and nvu all
supply libgtkembedmoz.so. I would expect an apt/Synaptic install of Galeon
to supply it too, or some kind of link to it.

Peter

--
Unix is hard to learn. The process of learning it is one of multiple small
epiphanies. -- Neal Stephenson