[Dapper-i386] lilypond-data won't install/uninstall.

J.Markoll j.markoll at free.fr
Fri Jan 13 16:01:47 UTC 2006

Scott a écrit :
> Now I'd just like to get rid of it but.....

> $ sudo dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/lilypond-data_2.6.3-9_all.deb
> (Reading database ... 353451 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace lilypond-data 2.6.3-9 (using
> .../lilypond-data_2.6.3-9_all.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement lilypond-data ...
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/lilypond-data.postrm: line 23: /usr/bin/kpsewhich: No
> such file or directory
> dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 1
> dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
> /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 23: /usr/bin/kpsewhich: No such file
> or directory
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/lilypond-data_2.6.3-9_all.deb (--install):
>  subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 1
> /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 23: /usr/bin/kpsewhich: No such file
> or directory
> dpkg: error while cleaning up:
>  subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/lilypond-data_2.6.3-9_all.deb
>
> $ sudo dpkg -r lilypond-data dpkg: error processing lilypond-data
> (--remove):
>  Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
>  reinstall it before attempting a removal.
>  lilypond-data
>
> $ sudo dpkg -r lilypond-data remove-reinstreq
> dpkg: error processing lilypond-data (--remove):
>  Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
>  reinstall it before attempting a removal.
> dpkg - warning: ignoring request to remove remove-reinstreq which isn't
> installed.
>  lilypond-data
>
> Any ideas?  I can't install any other packages right now and I've got
> quite a few of them waiting in the wings from a recent "apt-get upgrade".
>
> Thanks
Hello,
I sometimes met with this feature, and I saw the right command line to
fix it recently on this list.
The thing is that according to what I read in the man, the synopsis
seems to say the option must be placed after the command, and before the
argument.
Then it should look like something like that:
$sudo apt-get --fix-missing install

and that should do the trick.
Unless I mistake and the --fix-missing option must be after :)
I would try the first way, then if it's repaired I would do a
'--reinstall' option.

See 'man apt-get' to check, if you want.
Greetings, Joyce markoll.