mounting second drive as /home/user/folder

Todd Slater dontodd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 00:58:00 UTC 2006

How might I mount a 2nd hard drive as a subdirectory of my home directory?

todd at tantalus:~$ grep hda1 /etc/fstab
/dev/hda1       /home/todd/mymedia      reiserfs    owner,noauto        0      0

todd at tantalus:~$ ls -l /dev/hda1
brw-------  1 todd todd 3, 1 Dec 29 09:29 /dev/hda1

todd at tantalus:~$ ls -l |grep mymedia
drwx------   2 todd todd      48 Dec 17 09:22 mymedia

todd at tantalus:~$ grep hda1 /etc/fstab
/dev/hda1       /home/todd/mymedia      reiserfs    owner,noauto        0      0

When I mount the drive after su-ing into my account from my wife's
gnome session, the drive appears on her desktop.

Todd