OT: Move Files from one PC to another

Charles Yao ccyao at greenleecp.com
Thu Jan 12 08:52:33 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, 'Forum Post <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> What you need is cloning software.  I think Norton Ghost is the best
> known in this area but you do have to pay for it.  for some
> alternatives take a look here:
>
> http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/backupandimage.shtml
>

> An alternative is to use software available from certain HD
> manufacturers.  I bought a Maxtor SATA drive and used their Maxblaster
> software to clone my old HD to the new Maxtor.  I think the software
> came with the hard drive but you can also download it from their
> website.  One of the HDs involved MUST be a Maxtor for it to work
> though.  But I think most HD makers make something like this but they
> don't advertise the fact for some reason.
>

> Before you use any cloning software it is vital that;
>

> a) You backup your data
>
> b)defrag your existing hard drive
>
> c)backup your data
>

> --
> Vulpus

Just one more question. What if im moving stuff from one pc to another. If I
clone the first PC with an OEM OS installed, and restore it on another pc
with another OEM OS installed, is that still piracy? Because from what I
understand you cant move OEM software from machine to machine unlike the
full version.

Charles

--
"It is unwise to pay to much, but it is worse to pay too little; you
sometimes lose everything becuase the thing you bought was incapable of