ubuntu & NT File system

Ronny Haryanto ronnylist at haryan.to
Wed Jan 11 23:13:19 UTC 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 02:51, 'Forum Post, '@wailuku.xlogicgroup.com
wrote:
> I wouldn't use NTFS, afaik it's not fully supported in Linux yet as it
> is indeed a crappy filesystem. I recommend using FAT32.

Just because it's not fully supported doesn't make it "crappy". NTFS is much
much much better than FAT32 in so many ways. I don't use Windows, but if I
did, I would choose NTFS (almost*) anytime over FAT32.

And speaking of NTFS support, you might be interested in this one:
http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/

*) unless I need to dual boot with another version of Windows that doesn't
support NTFS.

Ronny