Dual screen with T42p for projector

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Wed Jan 11 20:32:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 12:16:51PM +0100, Kaiser, Hans wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I get crazy with my setup of my IBM T42p for a connect to a projector.
> >
> > here my hardware:
> > ATI Technologies Inc M10 NT [FireGL Mobility T2] (rev 80)
> >
> > I tried the setup manually by configuring a second screen. I also tried
> > the
> > proprietary driver.
> >
> > In both cases stays my display black...
> >
> > Anyone here who could help?
>
> Really nobody who uses a notebook in combination with a CRT or projector?

Plenty of people do.  Not everyone has a T42p, or the chipset therein.
You've given no indication of what you've tried other than going crazy.
Have you googled?  Did you configure things *this* way, or *that* way, and
what were the results?  Are you trying to do Xinerama (two displays with
different contents) or just project your screen contents onto an external
device?

- Matt