man pages through RunAs dialog

Santanu Chatterjee thisissantanu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:34:23 UTC 2006

Hi Everybody,

Is there any way to use urls like "man:/xorg.conf",
and "info:/emacs" through the RunAs dialog in GNOME.
After a week with KDE, I have really grown fond of these
niceties.

Also, is there any good replacement for yelp? I don't
think it can handle man and info pages very well. For
example, under Breezy, when I tried to view the xorg.conf
man page in yelp, it gave me a huge man page by appending
several identical copies of the xorg.conf man page!!
Also, I cannot click onto the "SeeAlso" links at the end of the
man pages.

Regards,
Santanu