IP Address Problems

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Wed Jan 11 17:42:08 UTC 2006

Oops...sorry.  Mistook you for OP.  I do have DHCP server up and
running on Hoary and haven't seen any problems.  That being said, I
did switch to dhcpd (IIRC, dhcp package).  IIRC, I did this because
I couldn't get TFTP/netboot to work correctly with the installed dhcpd
server.  I may be remembering the reasoning incorrectly though.

One thing I did check on my clients just for yucks was
/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.leases.  They are empty.  Probably doesn't mean
anything, just thought I'd mention it since my setup seems to be
working.