Ubuntu and Multimedia (audio, in particular)

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 02:41:20 UTC 2006

On 11/01/06, Carroll Grigsby <cgrigs at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Does your BIOS allow you to disable the onboard sound?

I'm afraid it doesn't.  That was the first thing I looked for.

> BTW -- please lose the HTML; it's inappropriate for mail lists.

I've not found any setting in gmail that permits me to turn off HTML.
I'm interested, though: what mail reader made in the past decade
doesn't cope with HTML?  (I'm not trying to be snarky -- I'm genuinely
intrigued that there's anything like that in use anymore.)  I'll try
something here, but I'm not sure it's going to work.