imac xorg config

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jan 10 19:57:18 UTC 2006

Did a fresh kubuntu install on an imac(blueberry I think, Ati Rage128
possibly).
After reading some forums I was concerned about a graphics issue that
would white screen me so I used the video=ofonly install option.

After the install x won't start, when I log in to the terminal and try
to start the error says something about No DFP.
I did dpkg-rconfigure xorg-xserver and walked through that, and even
edited the horz and vert sync as some have suggested in the forums.
Still no x though.

Can someone clarify what the install option video=ofonly does, do I need
to add some more packages, or add something to the startup process?
I'm not totally comfortable with terminal only so I haven't figured out
a way to get the xorg log off that machine to one I can email it on yet,
but if I do I'll post the important parts.

Thanks, Alex