Xubuntu, configuring networking

john levin john at technolalia.org
Mon Jan 9 17:46:37 UTC 2006

George wrote:
> The xubuntu install guide says I should do a server install of ubuntu
> and then install xubuntu-desktop from the command line.
>
> If I do that, how will I configure my adsl connection so I can use apt-get?

When I installed Ubuntu server, it detected my network automatically. Do
you mean you have an ADSL modem? Perhaps PPPoeconf is what you need.

PS: Am sending this to the Xubuntu-devel list as well, so those that
know more than I can answer, and also to suggest that the install guide
be clarified on this point.

John