BlueZ: is there such a thing as documentation?

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 03:52:26 UTC 2006

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BluetoothSetup
>
> Try starting at the section for setup of devices. It worked for my and
> my Thinkpad and Logitech mouse.

Hmmm...  Maybe I can actually get my Kensington mouse to work.  Bluesoleil
refused to work together with it under XP.

With respect to my phone, I forget, but I used the software packages
> gnome-phone-manager and gnome-bluetooth. Under the System Tools menu,
> you can now send files back and forth.

Gnome-bluetooth I have installed.  It doesn't seem to do anything.  It
allows me to list devices it finds and then.... nothing.  And the "Help"
menu just has an "About" entry without even a URL to documentation.  I'm
installing the phone manager as I speak.  Maybe it will do something.

OK, it's installed.  It sees my phone.  And now it's sitting in my task bar
with a "disconnected" icon.  I'm not sure where to go from here, but it's
something.  :-) I'll keep poking around.  Thanks for the help.