BlueZ: is there such a thing as documentation?

Brian Puccio brian at brianpuccio.net
Sun Jan 8 02:02:20 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 01:29 +0800, Michael Richter wrote:
> I'm trying to get my Bluetooth devices (a headset, a mouse and a
> phone) to connect to my newly-made Ubuntu system.  I'm basically
> stuck.  Is there some documentation on how to go about doing this?
> Flailing around at random based on half-written, half-complete and
> mostly out of date HOWTOs isn't helping at all.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BluetoothSetup

Try starting at the section for setup of devices. It worked for my and
my Thinkpad and Logitech mouse.

With respect to my phone, I forget, but I used the software packages
gnome-phone-manager and gnome-bluetooth. Under the System Tools menu,
you can now send files back and forth.