Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Jan 6 12:36:08 UTC 2006

Yes, Ubuntu has replaced Win-xxx on my home system.

Only down side: sometimes I long for the ease of getting audio
production apps to work first time as they largely did in M$win: my
Ubuntu 5.04 has been plagued with missing realtime/low-latency kernel
components, and I've had a hellish learning curve getting
alsa/oss/jackd and soundcard drivers properly set up, etc. (especially
in terms of setting correct file ownership & permissions. Puts me off
every time).

So here's to a much more seamless and intuitive audio infrastructure;
wish I knew how to help this along. Everything else has been a joy.

--
backportmoose