What's the status of dict?

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 6 05:23:00 UTC 2006

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 02:20:29 +0100
Shot - Piotr Szotkowski <shot at hot.pl> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard:
>
> > I see that it is no longer re-installable.
>
> What do you mean by this?

Using Synaptic it no longer has (had) a re-install option.

> > Has it disappeared from the repositories for some reason?
>
> No. The main package gets better with every new
> Ubuntu release - http://packages.ubuntu.com/dict -
> And there's plenty of dictionaries for it in Breezy:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=dict-&subword=1
>
> Try to refresh your package cache in whatever package
> manager you're using, it might've got broken somehow.

Well, don't I look stupid; I changed my sources.list to see what changes
were in store with Dapper, removed dapper from the list when I was
through, and failed to re-enable the Breezy repositories.
Thanks for jogging my diminished mental capacity.
All is now well again.  (except possibly me)

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Q: What's the difference between MicroSoft Windows and a virus?
A: Apart from the fact that viruses are supported by their authors,