Ubuntu on IBM x40 laptop

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Thu Jan 5 07:58:53 UTC 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, 'Forum Post wrote:
> I heard that one of the more recent Linux kernels support IBM Active
> Protection System (APS) built in.  Is Ubuntu up to date on the latest
> kernel that supports this? Is there any software to control the APS?
> Park the harddrive etc.?

It's currently waiting for IDE layer in the kernel to catch up.  Matthew
is on the case and I'm sure Ubuntu will get it integrated as soon as it's
practical.  Currently it's confused by things like SATA although it's
possible to pump the data out and play Neverball with it!

	-Paul
--
This country is covered in white fluffy snow.  Helsinki, FI