DSL Problem

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Jan 4 03:07:50 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Additional Information.

FYI. I have an ethernet and a wireless card present.

Code:
--------------------

  sandman at earlgrey:~$cat  /etc/network/interfaces

  # The loopback network interface

  auto lo

  iface lo inet loopback

  address 127.0.0.1

  netmask 255.0.0.0

  # This is a list of hotpluggable network interfaces.

  # They will be activated automatically by the hotplug subsystem.

  mapping hotplug

  script grep

  map eth0

  iface eth1 inet

  iface eth0 inet static

  address 10.0.0.56

  netmask 255.0.0.0

  auto eth0

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$ ifconfig eth0

  eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:12:3F:E8:0E:6A

  inet6 addr: fe80::212:3fff:fee8:e6a/64 Scope:Link

  collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

  RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:324 (324.0 b)

  Interrupt:18

  sandman at earlgrey:~$ route -n

  Kernel IP routing table

  Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$ cat /etc/resolv.conf

  nameserver 202.138.128.50

  nameserver 202.138.128.2

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$ sudo mii-tool eth0

  Password:

  eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-FD flow-control, link ok

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$ lspci | grep Eth

  0000:03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401-B0

  100Base-TX (rev 02)

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

  sandman at earlgrey:~$ lsmod | grep mii

  mii                     5248  1 b44

  sandman at earlgrey:~$

--------------------

Richard Reyes Wrote:
> Hi All,

> Good Day.

> Newbie Question.

> I have a DSL working in windows. Its using DHCP or something but there

> was an error getting IP from the network. The customer support had to

> give me the ip address so i can connect from inside windows.

> Now I have succesfully setup the latest Kubuntu ( Breezy ) in my

> laptop. I have set the same IP address I am using in windows for the

> DSL connection. But I still have no connection.

> Any help is appreciated.

> Thanks

> Richard

ric..hard