AMD 64 Bit Processor Info Wanted

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Jan 4 02:19:24 UTC 2006

David M. Carney Wrote:
> Ahh, the time has finally come to consider replacing my Athlon XP 2100+
> with

> 512 megs ram.

> I'm thinking about getting a Athlon 64 bit system.

> So I want to know:

> 1. How is 64 bit Ubuntu?

> 2. Will I have to recompile apps to get full 64 bit functionality?

> 3. Are there apps that won't work??

> Pros and cons viewpoints from 64 bit users would be especially
> appreciated.

> Thanks!

> David

> --

> Registered Linux User #297958

> http://carney1979.blogspot.com/

Personally I still use 32bit since Java and Flash don't seem to work.
I think the majority of people in here use 32bit so to get more
"support" on problems I've stuck with 32bit.  The 64 did seem a bit
faster to me.  Also the nvidia support didn't seem to be available via
Synaptic last I tried it.

--
linuxted